We’re different from other agencies because…
- We offer 100% personalized service, from the initial consultation to your helper receiving her visa.
- We offer boutique quality services, and keep our client base manageable, so we can continue to offer exclusive services – so every client feels like they are our only client.
We’re priced differently because…
- We don’t take any money from helpers. This allows us to focus on the employer as the client.
- We get to know your family’s needs in person, which allows us to better serve you from the start.
- We take fewer clients.
- We do the core work instead of asking you to do it: rather than sending you endless profiles, we send a precise few, which specifically match your criteria.
- We are a Western run agency, which allows for ease of communication and better a understanding of your needs
Our fees don’t cover the air ticket or insurance because…
- All our candidates are already in Hong Kong & do not need to leave to process their visa.
- We don’t cover insurance, as we leave that to the employer to choose. This would only add costs.
The other fees you need to budget for are…
The helpers we work with are Filipina, so the processing fees are as follows:
Philippine consulate $297.50
Overseas worker fee (OWWA) $196.00
Immigration $230.00 (Total = 723.50 HKD)
We ask clients to provide $730 CASH for these costs at the time of processing – SEPARATE from consult fees.
We highly advise a medical for your new helper. Costs begin at $600.00, and we can advise you on this.
Our payment terms are…
- Regardless of which package you choose, we require a ‘retainer’ fee of 50%
- This is because we only work with a select few clients at a time, and from the moment you sign on, we’re working on your search.
- We will bill you for the remainder once the helper has started processing her visa.
What if you find a helper outside Maid for You? Do you still pay?
Yes, because we will still interview her, provide our professional feedback, complete all paperwork, honour our 30 day guarantee, and satisfy our agreement in all ways.
Have we met ALL the candidates?
Our team is small, we work together & share information. At least 1 of us meets each candidate in person, to filter/interview her, prior to accepting her, or not, on the database.
Will we help you until you find the helper you want?
Yes, however long it takes. Ideally, the process wraps up quickly to satisfy your timeline. However:
- We cannot guarantee a deadline and don’t encourage rushing the process.
- We understand that we may be used as one resource among others.
What does our guarantee cover?
We guarantee our work. This means, from 30 days of your helper receiving her visa, if you are not satisfied, we will re-do the search.
What is the manual about?
- We believe it’s the foundation of your working relationship with your helper.
- It includes things like household rules, daily/weekly schedules, family expectations, guidelines for child, pet, home care, even shopping lists.
Why should you get our help interviewing?
We do this a lot. It is difficult to judge the qualifications & character of a person who will be working in your home – in just 30 minutes. We add a layer of invaluable expertise to a daunting process and can give you many invaluable tips on how to start your working relationship on a solid foundation – starting from the interview process.
Do we check all references?
- We do ask that all of our candidates have reference letters and/or contact information from as many employers as possible.
- We leave the actual checking up to the potential employers (unless the letter is not credible, in which case we will call the employer before accepting the document). Usually, potential employers don’t have the same questions as we do, which results in having to call the candidate’s employer several times.
- We’ve learned, over the years, that references can be tricky. At times, employers, for various reasons, can provide a brilliant letter but give a bad review over the phone or vice-versa. In the end, trust your gut!